Big E Loudspeakers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

3 posters

"Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?

Steve Regier
    Steve Regier
    Inventor
    Inventor

"Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?  Empty "Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?

Post by Steve Regier Wed May 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Time for all the bass players out there to weigh in. Would you prefer the MAS-1,8 in a "Flat-Top" version with the top and bottom parallel to the floor? (First photo) The cabinet is slightly bigger and the front to back dimension is smaller (less distance from front to back on the top) than the production model (second photo).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    coyoteboy

"Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?  Empty Re: "Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?

Post by coyoteboy Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am

I'll take photo 1 with a PowerCon option
    MarkA
    MarkA

"Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?  Empty Re: "Flat-Top" MAS-1,8 or Standard Model. Which Would You Prefer?

Post by MarkA Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:08 pm

If performance is identical and the upward angle of the front baffle/speakers is the same or close when used "normally" or put on its back as a monitor, then I suppose the flat top makes setting a small amp on top a little more convenient.  If the increase in size/weight/complexity-of-build (?) is negligible, that might make the cab a little more attractive for some and a worthwhile compromise for you.

The other thing to factor in is people wanting to stack the 18 with a MAS 28 or Bodai 28 -- will changing the profile of one necessitate changing the profile of the other in a negative way?

Coyoteboy, you mention a Powercon connector -- are you talking about the powered version of the cab, then?  Would that have a different profile, anyway?  Would the slanted/flat angle of the top apply the same way to the powered version?

Incidentally, since this is a legit "input on product development" question, I *think* that you'd be well within the CUP to ask it on TB -- other makers have asked such questions within threads or even started threads to ask them -- but that is totally up to you, of course.
    coyoteboy

Post by coyoteboy Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Yes, photo 1 looks like the powered version, which is why I brought it up. I understand why power con hasn’t been adopted, it it’s a cool option, and making one’s own power cable with these is really easy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm